CLOSE OUT OF EMERGING RENEWABLES PROGRAM
In accordance with the changes to law under Senate Bill 1018, the Energy Commission is taking immediate steps to close out the Emerging Renewables Program. To this end, the Energy Commission will no longer accept new rebate reservation applications for systems using small wind turbines or renewable fuel cells. Applications for rebate reservations that were received and approved by the Energy Commission on or before June 27, 2012, were processed and issued rebate reservations. Applications for rebate reservations that were received by the Energy Commission on or after June 28, 2012, will not be processed.
Status of Funds for Fuel Cell Systems Participating in the Emerging Renewables Program
- March 2, 2012 - Notice that the funds allocated for fuel cell technologies participating in the Emerging Renewables Program (ERP) have been expended or reserved.
Effective immediately, the Energy Commission will no longer be accepting rebate reservation applications for fuel cell systems using renewable fuels. (PDF file, 2 pages, 32 kb)
Emerging Renewables Program Guidebook - Final Guidebook, Twelfth Edition. Pub # CEC-300-2011-004-ED12-CMF. Posted: November 21, 2011. (PDF file, 60 pages, 2.2 mb).
- April 14, 2011, Notice of Staff Workshop on Proposed Changes to the Emerging Renewables Program. Posted: April 4, 2011.
- August 3, 2011, Notice of Staff Workshop on Possible Changes to the Emerging Renewables Program Guidebook.(PDF file).
- Emerging Renewables Program Draft Guidebook (PDF file, 65 pages, 1.8 mb).
Temporary Suspension of the Emerging Renewables Program
The Energy Commission is temporarily suspending the Emerging Renewables Program (ERP) effective March 4, 2011, at 5 pm PST.
New applications for ERP rebate reservations will not be accepted after this date. The Energy Commission will, however, continue to process payment claims for rebate reservations approved before this date.
- Notice of Temporary Suspension of the
Emerging Renewables Program
(PDF file) posted March 4, 2011.
- Complaint Against DyoCore, Inc. Posted: July 27, 2011. (PDF file, 43 pages).
- Letter to DyoCore, Inc. Posted: July 27, 2011. (PDF file, 2 pages).
The California Energy Commission is offering cash rebates on eligible grid-connected small wind and fuel cell renewable energy electric-generating systems through its Emerging Renewables Program (ERP).
Effective January 1, 2007, the technologies eligible for ERP funding are:
- Small Wind Turbines - small, electricity-producing, wind-driven generating systems with a rated output of 50 kilowatts or less
- Fuel Cell - the conversion of sewer gas, landfill gas, or other renewable sources of hydrogen or hydrogen-rich gases into electricity by a direct chemical process
Program History and Background
For background information about the program, history, annual reports, statistics on installation of systems, and other related additional information, please visit the California Energy Commission's Emerging Renewable Program page at: www.energy.ca.gov/renewables/emerging_renewables/index.html.