Consumer Tips to $ave Energy and Money
Energy Conservation and Energy Efficiency are two sides of the same coin. Most people think they mean the same thing, but they don't.
Energy conservation means reducing the level of energy use by turning down a thermostat, or turning off a light, or turning up the temperature of your refrigerator.
Energy efficiency means getting the same job done while using less energy. Efficiency is usually done by replacing an older, less efficient appliance with a new one.
In this section, you'll find both energy conservation and efficiency tips for your home, office, school, car or truck, and other areas.
You'll learn how to get your home ready for summer or winter. You'll learn how to be prepared in case the power goes out. And you'll learn some interesting facts about energy.
- Keeping Yourself and Others Cool - Tips for Saving Lives During High Heat
- Staying Cool in the Kitchen - Tips & Summertime Recipes
- Getting Your Home Ready for Summer
- Summertime Home Energy Tips
- If the Lights Go Out in Your Home in the Summer
- Being Prepared for Power Outages in Your Home
- Portable Electric Generator Safety in Your Home
- Getting Your Home Ready for Winter
- Winter Time Home Energy Tips
- If the Lights Go Out in Your Home in the Winter
- Winter Holiday Home Energy Tips
- Winter Time Energy Tips for Office & Small Business
- Being Prepared If the Lights go out in Your Business